Hey how is everyone doing this week? This week is a short one for me do to the holidays here so I thought I would give any regular readers and update of what happened last week as it seemed a little busy.
First up is Microsoft. You may have heard they hosted a virtual conference called Connect(); //2015
get it? It’s named like a function with a comment after it… isn’t that clever… any way…
They made a few announcements that seemed interesting to me:
- They open sourced Visual Studio Code and released a beta version that supports plugins.
- ASP.Net 5 RC1 was released as well as a multiplatform .Net Core with a Go Live liceance. This means you can deploy to Windows or Linux and call Microsoft if you need support.
- Visual Studio Dev Essentials with offers various benefits including access to partner training, cloud services, and trials to partner services.
- Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 RTM will be available on November 30
- The Visual Studio Emulator for Android will be made availiable for Mac OS X.
- Visual Studio Online is being re-branded as Visual Studio Team Services this is probably because of ===>
- They are adding a Visual Studio Cloud subscription service similar to how Microsoft also offers Office as a subscription through Office 365.
Of course they announced more things but these were the ones that caught my eye at the time of this writing.
The team over at Aurelia.io started off the week by announcing the Beta 1 release of Aurelia. They staged the release over the entire week with blog post covering specific topics as each day.
- Day 1 – This was the announcement post that talked about community, learning resources and the future roadmap.
- Day 2 – The topic of the day was plugins. What are they? What is available? and what do they have planned.
- Day 3 – Day 3 was about the new documentation that is available at Aurelia.io/docs.html
- Day 4 – The Ecosystem was in the hotseat day 4 covering learing, support and future plans.
- Day 5 – The Aurelia Interface was announced in the last post with a short teaser video and how it fits into Durandal Inc. business plan.
Overall it looks like Aurelia is coming along nicely. The team working on it has done a wonderful job so far.
That’s All For Now
Was there something that happened last week I didn’t mention? Want to share it with the world? Leave a comment bellow or send an email to me at email@example.com.
Also have a good Thanksgiving if that’s your thing. If it’s not your thing, have a good fourth week of November.