have/had the honor of presenting at the Minnesota Salesforce Developer Group in Salesforce DX.
More info about the meeting can be found at Salesforce DX and developing with security in mind.
It was a great time, with wonderful presentations about TrailheaDX by James Loghry and Developing with Security in Mind by Davin Leier and Barry Bakunowicz.
Here are the links that were on the last slide of the presentation.
If installing from the Extension Menu in Visual Studio Code be sure to grab the correct one.
Visual Studio Code Extension Pack for Salesforce DX
- What is the difference between Environment Hub and Developer Hub (Dev Hub)?
- Can you disable the Dev Hub once it’s enabled?
- No (source)
- Can Sandbox Orgs be Dev Hubs?
- No? On the Salesforce DX page it says to turn on the Dev Hub in your Production or Business Org. (source)
- Can you restrict Developers from using Salesforce DX on a Production Org?
- Is there a side effect of enabling the Dev Hub and not using it?
- Aside from the System Administrators having something else to ignore I am unaware of any negative side effects of not using the Dev Hub features once they are enabled. (no source)
- When data is loaded from JSON files using
force:data:tree:importdoes it maintain relationships?
- Yes, this data can contain master-detail relationships. (source)
I’ll try to add some more information later maybe